Friday, February 5, 2010

Colorado Springs Thrift Store Reviews - XS Threadz

Starting Tuesday, I'll be reviewing one Colorado Springs' second hand/thrift stores each week. I started a couple weeks ago with XS Threadz. Here's the review, just in case you missed it:


I took the opportunity today, while the kids were at school, to stop in for a quick look at one of the Springs' newest second hand stores, XS ThreadZ Recycled Clothing. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in the front door to discover an atypical "thrift store". I was immediately greeted by the owner, Tim, who informed me that they were having a Buy One Get One Half Off Sale through Saturday, January 23rd.
I was able to introduce myself and given permission to take pictures and browse the store for my review.

At first glance, I noticed that handbags, shoes, accessories and clothing were nicely organized. Juniors tops were even grouped by common color.




While the color grouping is certainly nice to look at, it isn't necessarily the most practical for shoppers trying to find their sizes. However, if you're on the hunt for something specific, the color grouping is fabulous.


Juniors dresses, pants, lingerie and guy's shorts, jeans and shirts are neatly hung on spacious racks by size and I didn't fine one item out of place. (Can you say, "miracle"?)


While I enjoyed the appearance, layout and organization of the store, I wasn't blown away by XS ThreadZ's prices.


I happen to own a Guess bag that is identical to one that is on display at XS Threadz. Theirs is gently used and priced at $43.99. Mine was purchased brand new about a year ago at Ross for $39.99. Even at $22.00, should the bag be the "Get One Half Off" item during this week's sale, the "gently used" factor is a deal breaker.

XS carries many different name brands, but few that you won't be able to find at Goodwill or The Arc, and for a lower price.

Overall, I think XS ThreadZ has the right idea: visual appeal, friendly owner and staff, clean and spacious dressing rooms and a great selection of clothing and accessories. I hope they'll lower their prices to better suit the common Colorado Springs second hand store aficionado like you and me.

For more information, or to contact XS Threadz, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3